MISSION-SPECIFIC DOMAIN EXPERTISE
Energy & Environmental Consulting
Supporting Sustainable Environmental
and Energy Missions
SRA provides program development and implementation support, sustainability advisory services, and information technology solutions to government agencies and other organizations in support of their environmental and energy missions. We offer decades of service advancing national and international environmental and public health programs that aim to protect human health and the environment; increase efficient, effective and equitable use of economic and natural resources; strengthen economic and national security; and promote social equity.
In more than 30 years of service to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), we have supported Superfund, Brownfields and other sustainable land-use initiatives; numerous EPA air quality regulatory programs, including cap-and-trade solutions; and energy efficiency, green building and global climate change and transportation initiatives. SRA has supported EPA goals to improve the link between environmental stewardship and economic growth through voluntary, partnership-based approaches, such as ENERGY STAR® and Climate Leaders. SRA also assists foreign governments, states, regions, communities and private organizations on these and similar smart growth and green economy issues.
SRA's history of successful support to these programs reflects our ability to develop tools and solutions that facilitate change within public and private sector organizations and among individuals. We apply innovative information technology tools, undertake rigorous analytical research and policy analysis, deliver applied technical assistance, and develop impactful communications and outreach efforts. SRA also integrates subject matter policy experts with efficient and proven communication, information management, and stakeholder involvement processes and tools to achieve measurable results.
Core Areas of Expertise
- Sustainability advisory services
- Energy efficiency, smart infrastructure grids and clean energy resources
- Air quality program development and implementation
- Climate change and emissions trading
- Sustainable land use
- Economic development and green jobs
- Materials management, supply chain and life-cycle analysis
- Green IT solutions
- U.S. EPA, including programs such as Superfund, Brownfields, ENERGY STAR®, and Climate Leaders
- U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), including the National Renewable Energy Laboratories
- U.S. National Institute of Environment and Health Sciences (NIEHS)
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- U.S. Department of the Interior (DOI)
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) Secretariat
- California Air Resources Board
- Regional, state and local governments and initiatives such as the Northern West Virginia Brownfields Assistance Center and the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI), Inc.
- Foreign governments such as Australia, Canada and New Zealand